© 2020 All rights reserved
Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to placing your order with Mulholland Interiors. We accept your order on the basis that you have read, fully understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If you require further clarification of any details therein, please speak to one of our staff on 021 461 0591 or email: email@example.com
- Our free quotation will be prepared based upon communications between yourself and the interior designer and is valid for one month from the date of issue. Please ensure that you agree with the quote in full as this will act as your order confirmation/deposit. Please check that all details are correct and notify us of any errors immediately.
- Any items that have not been stated are excluded and no assumptions are to be made.
Please note any images included are for illustrative purposes only and not necessarily in model, colour or finish shown.
Changes and Variations
In the event that any changes or variations to the initial quotation are made then the following procedure must be adopted:
- Please notify us in writing if you require any changes within 3 working days of our quote being sent/emailed to you. We will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate these. If we cannot, the original quotation will be adhered to.
- Should the quotation be altered, the client will be charged accordingly for any additional materials required. Any changes or variations instructed directly to any contractor or supplier will fall outside of the contract.
- We will notify you of the costs for any changes or variations. No additional work which increases the cost of the quotation will be undertaken until payment has been made pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- If any changes are to be made and accepted by both Mulholland Interiors and the client. A new quotation/invoice must be sent out with the relevant changes for both parties confirm that all new details are correct and will be followed through.
We reserve the right to charge for design fees, project coordination fees, delivery charges, installation fees and storage fees. Storage fees may be charged if the client delays their project and it is necessary for Mulholland Interiors to store the goods beyond the original agreed date.
Additional charges, such as call-out fees, may apply should the project be delayed due to the client modifying the original plans or project.
- The first consultation is free of charge; however, any additional consultations will be charged at a fee of R750 per hour.
- In the event where Mulholland Interiors are appointed to manage or coordinate the project a 10% design/consultation fee will be added to the final total quote/invoice. In this case the design/consultation fee will supersede the R750/hour.
- Should the project be cancelled, a 20% cancellation fee on top of the 50% deposit, will be charged, i.e 70% of the total quotation. A project is considered to have started, once payment of the deposit has been made.
- Installation fees that have been quoted are subject to final inspection done on site and can vary in the event where extras have not been accounted for.
Acceptance of Quote and Order Confirmation/Deposit Invoice
- Although every effort is made by us to ensure recommended components are suitable, it is your responsibility to check with us that all details of your order are in accordance with your requirements. We do not accept returns of any description due to customer measurement error.
- Your acceptance will be confirmed by payment of the deposit invoice. Payment in full is required upon completion of your goods. Once the deposit has been paid and the goods ordered, cancellations will be accepted and a 20% of the final balance will remain due as a cancellation fee.
- A 50% deposit will be required upon placing the order. Once the deposit has been paid, manufacturing and ordering of materials will commence.
- A 50% final settlement of the balance is due upon completion and the payment is required within 7 days from the date of the invoice regardless of whether you instruct to delay delivery of the goods of the same.
- In the event that a change, variation or delay has been made pursuant to the clauses above, payment must be made within 7 days of issue of the invoice in this regard. Any amounts paid are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- On large orders/projects we will issue invoices for interim/stage payments.
Retention of Title
- Ownership of any goods shall remain the property of Mulholland Interiors and may not pass to you until these goods have been paid for in full.
- Every effort will be made to deliver your goods on time. However, under no circumstances will refunds be given if delays beyond our control are incurred.
- Please ensure that all access information e.g Gate codes, alarm codes, door codes etc. is given to us prior to delivery and that access is clear and safe for delivery.
- Any defects, damages or shortfalls must be reported to Mulholland Interiors in writing within 24 hours of delivery. Mulholland Interiors will not be held responsible for any defect or damages reported after 24 hours from the delivery.
- After this period, we will not be held responsible for any damaged or unsatisfactory goods. On delivery you will be required to sign acceptance of receipt of such. We require 24 working hours’ notice if you would like to rearrange a delivery. We may charge a cancellation fee if we are not given this notice or for a failed delivery on an agreed delivery date if you are unavailable to accept goods.
- Mulholland Interiors will not be held responsible for the delay in delivery in the event where the suppliers are out of stock or have a backlog.
- Once goods arrive at our storage location, they will be made ready for collection or delivered on a mutually convenient date, within a 2-week period and once payment has been received.
- If you are unable to take delivery for any reason within this two-week period then we reserve the right to charge a storage fee of R500 per week.
- Mulholland Interiors does not accept liability for insurance after the initial 2-week period.
- If goods have not been collected within 12 months after the initial 2 week period, the goods will be sold.
Specification and Colour
- All images shown on our website and brochure are for reference only and exact shades of wood, fabrics and other natural products cannot be guaranteed. Wood is a natural product and therefore slight movement and variation in colour and grain can occur. Samples should be regarded as approximate representation only. If you have any questions relating to any products being used or characteristics, please raise this with the interior designer.
- All fabrics are susceptible to fading if exposed to strong or natural light for prolonged periods. Silk, by its nature, is particularly susceptible and will fade if exposed to strong direct natural or artificial light for prolonged periods and therefore light proof linings should be requested. We are unable to accept liability for fading. Where fabrics are subject to variations in atmospheric conditions, shrinkage and/or dropping may occur for which we accept no responsibility. It is the nature of silk/linen to have irregularities to appear randomly throughout and is the intended look, not a defect.
- While every effort is made to ensure that the product you buy, including timber, fabric and leather products, corresponds as closely as possible to the sample shown in our store or on our website, slight differences may occur. We regret that no responsibility can be accepted for variations which add to the unique characteristics of Mulholland Interiors products.
- Mulholland Interiors excludes all liability and responsibility for any uninsured loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with the supply and installation of goods.
- A warranty will be held on all products supplied by Mulholland Interiors for 6 months from the date of completion.
Use of Information
- All scheme designs generated by us remain the property of Mulholland Interiors. By allowing Mulholland Interiors to photograph its project at your property/project location you agree to allow Mulholland Interiors to use the photographic image for promotional purposes.
- Client testimonials’ may be used by Mulholland Interiors for promotional purposes.
- All proposals and designs supplied by Mulholland Interiors are copyrighted and are the property of Mulholland Interiors and cannot be used for redistribution.
- In the event where designs/proposals have been used for redistribution/manufacturing without Mulholland Interiors written consent, a penalty fee of 30% of the product/service value will be charged.